2010年2月16日星期二

Vision and Touch

"Regardless of our prioritization of the eye, visual observation is often comfirmed by our touch."

Caravaggio, The Incredulity of Saint Thomas, 1601-2. Datial. Neues Palais, Potsdam.


This point of view was provided by my 2 life experience.

One was when I went to the exhibition in Tate Modern, named "How It Is". I was so surprised by the soft furry touch on the wall inside, while I thought it would be cold, tough metal by vision at first.

The other one was in my first experiment. I covered my eyes with cloth, and I understooed a new space by touch first. In the touching process, I felt by my hands a number of things that I would not notice by vision generally. For instance, there were 2 frames on the wall. One was smooth wooden surface, and the other was uneven complex surface. And I supposed that I would not pay attention to this kind of details by my eyes.

没有评论:

发表评论