2009年11月14日星期六


After the trip of National Gallery, I changed my painting choice to the Water Lilies by Claude Monet in around 1907. On this painting, I could receive the direct message about water lilies, meanwhile, it displays some clues about the enviroment around. From the colour of the water, it tells that the painting time might be in the sunset. In addition, the green inverted image reveals the landscape would be on the riverbank. So we could image the whole scene around from the reflection, which would be my main support of using pieces of mirror in the model.
And then suddenly I had a new idea: the clues in the jounery of discovery could be helpful for people to know the things well, but sometimes they might lie to people, might be a misguided impression of the truth. So I planed to do some trick by the reflection in the model. I haven't finished that yet, still try some experimental situation to enrich the space.
What's more, one scene in the film Stalker on Friday was impressive to me. That is when the three leading roles are escaping from the bullets, passing through a river. The shot remains on the river for a while, nobody is in that scene. So the audience may get the story from the reflection in the water first, and the bullets hit into the river, and then from the water wave and the sound we could feel the three men wade through the river. In the whole process, we couldn't see anyone directly, but we know the story quite well just from a camera shot on the water. I think it is very interesting way to discover something, and I hope to learn the idea as a source of reference in my project in the future.

没有评论:

发表评论